All suspicions can be laid to rest: Marvel announces Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther at their live conference on Oct 28th
In what felt like reporters huddled around a machine trying to make out morse code, thousands of fans tuned into the live blog from the Marvel conference in CA. Patrick Cavanaugh, Ryan Penagos, and Strommy dictated via the Marvel Studios Special Event feed and Twitter everything that happened at the conference, and here are all the highlights:
- Joss Whedon was present at the event as they played the Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer on a large screen. The crowd in attendance (as well as the virtual) crowd goes nuts.
- A clip was played from Avengers: Age of Ultron featuring Cap and Stark “talking about the Maximoff kids while chopping wood”:
- Movie Announcements are listed in their released dates…which we already had…but whatever, here they are officially again:
- Thor (3): Ragnarok Ragnarok = The end of all things
- These guys showed up and hearts failed everywhere
- There was some serious excitement from the physical and metaphysical crowd regarding the announcement of Black Panther
- Chadwick Boseman was officially announced as Black Panther!
- And there was just as much excitement for the announcement of Captain Marvel
- THIS HAPPENED:
- Doctor Strange was announced with the director confirmed, but what about casting?
- In the Q&A Session afterwards, someone asked what we are all screaming in our heads:
- Whether or not we’ll see the Hulk in his own solo movie is yet to be determined, but he’ll definitely “be appearing with his friends in the other films.”
So there we have it! It’s still up in the air whether or not Benedict Cumberbatch will take on the role of Doctor Strange for certain, but we do know that Chadwick Boseman will be filling the iconic shoes of Black Panther!